IELTS Courses in Dublin with ULearn
€392per term *
Learn is now enrolling for IELTS preparation courses in Dublin. The IELTS system is a graded exam and provides a standardized method of assessment for students in academic and professional life. It can be thought of as an equivalent to the First Certificate (FCE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge Proficiency (CPE) tests. This examination classes offer systematic prepartion for the students who wish to achieve a certain grade in their IELTS exam. Using past papers, examples, and drawing on our teaching and assessment, we ensure you are well positioned to pass the exam. Classes are divided by level and criteria of IELTS assessment chosen by you.
ULearn Supports You with IELTS Preparation Courses
Before you commence your ULearn IELTS English Course you can also visit the IELTS website for online resources and further information. They can help you in a number of ways. ULearn will provide all course materials during the preparation course. You can also rent or buy past papers for IELTS here in the school for the nominal fee of €12 which will be refunded to you if you decide to return the book.
Here are some common questions students have asked us in the past regarding the IELTS examination and preparation course...
1) What is IELTS?
IELTS tests are held in more than 500 centres with tests up to 4 times per month. IELTS respects international diversity and is fair to anyone who sits the test, regardless of nationality. ULearn specializes in providing IELTS English courses for exam preparation throughout the academic year. You can choose from two types of IELTS test: Academic or General Training, depending on whether you want to study, work or migrate. Both modules are made up of four parts – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. IELTS results are graded on the unique IELTS 9-band scale. To help you prepare, IELTS provides test samples and Official IELTS Practice Materials. The test covers the full range of ability from non-user to expert user. You are not limited in how many times you can sit the test.
2) Who accepts IELTS?
IELTS is recognised throughout the world. Due to its high quality controls, IELTS is accepted by thousands of organisations in over 135 countries. Universities, schools, training colleges, tertiary institutes Government departments and agencies all recognise IELTS. Begin your journey to international study or employment with an IELTS score. The IELTS Global Recognition System can tell you exactly which organisations accept IELTS and the scores they require.
3) What is the format of the IELTS examination?
The IELTS is divided into five main sections as follows.OUR IELTS preparation course will comprehensively cover all aspects of the examination and ensure that you are confident and competent with all aspects of the exam. (Note that you can download sample IELTS papers from the IELTS homepage to help your exam preparation.)
- Academic Reading (duration is 60 minutes) - This section has three sub-sections with 40 questions to answer. (Note that candidates for the Academic module do a different Reading test to the General Training module).
- Academic Writing (duration is 60 minutes) - The writing part of the exam has two tasks of 150 words and 250 words. (Note that candidates for the Academic module do a different Writing test to the General Training module).
- General Training Reading (duration is 60 minutes) - This section has three sub-sections with 40 questions to answer. (Note that candidates for the General Training module do a different Reading test to the Academic module).
- General Training Writing (duration is 60 minutes) - The General Training Writing test is 60 minutes long. It has two writing tasks of 150 words and 250 words. Below are samples of Task 1 and Task 2. (Note that candidates for the General Training module do a different Writing test to the Academic module).
- Speaking Section (duration is 60 minutes) - In the Speaking test, you have a conversation with a certified Examiner. It is interactive and as close to a real-life situation as a test can get.