ULearn English School Dublin - Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Minimum age for ULearn adult classes is 16 years.
Junior groups will be instructed as closed groups. Monitors/leaders are required to monitor children at all times outside class hours.
- Each class hour is 60 minutes.
- Where a scheduled class has fewer than 4 students, ULearn reserves the right to cancel, change, or adapt class times, weeks and/or semester durations.
- ULearn reserves the right to alter, amend, exchange and revert both the times and locations of student courses.
- Fees include: placement test, tuition, handouts, use of computers, and end of course certificate. Fees do not include: exam fees, lunch or other meals, health insurance, and bank charges. A €50 registration fee will apply to all courses.
4. Airport Transfers / Meets & Greets
- ULearn can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to your accommodation. This service costs €70 and is available from 08:00 to 23:00. Transfers outside these hours are subject to a €30 supplement.
- A ULearn representative will Meet & Greet students at our apartment accommodations. This service is provided from 10:00 – 22:00. Arrivals outside these hours may have to make alternate arrangements until the service is next available.
5. ULearn Calendar
No lessons take place on the following days: January 1 – January 5, March 19, March 30, April 2, May 7, June 4, August 6, October 29, December 24 – January 4, 2019.
There is no reduction in fees when a course includes a public holiday and classes are not compensated for.
- A fee of €65 is charged on all accommodation bookings.
- A supplement of €30 per week will be required on all bookings with special dietary requirements (halal, gluten etc).
Host Family - Price based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday. Half-board.
- Located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30/40 mins (public transport). This may be longer at peak traffic times.
- Extra nights: €35 p.p.p.n. single or €30 p.p.p.n. sharing.
Self-Catering Apartment- Price based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday. Self-catering.
- Extra nights (p.p.p.n.): Premium €45; Superior €40; Standard €35; Shared €25.
Other Accommodation Types may be organised subject to request.
Christmas Holidays - it may be possible to stay in an accommodation over Christmas but supplements may be required. Availability and cost should be checked with the school before making a booking.
- Students should have medical and/or travel insurance before travelling.
- EU nationals should bring a European Health Insurance Card.
- Non-EU nationals should contact their local Irish embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Justice website for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods
(a) FLYWIRE transfer;
(b) Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners, Laser);
(d) Eurocheque. A commission of between 1% - 3% fee may be charged on foreign (non-Irish) cheques. Students may not start courses / receive documents until cheques have cleared.
Important Payment Notes
- All payment charges must be paid by sender.
- Payment is due minimum 2 weeks before the start of the booking.
- Student name or number must be clearly identifiable.
- Short-term course bookings (1 - 12 weeks) may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to commencement of course with a €75 administrative penalty. Where accommodation has been booked the booking fee (€65) and 1 week of the chosen accommodation will be charged.
- For short-term cancellations received 1 to 7 days before the course begins, 50% of the full amount will be refunded (minimum cancellation fee is €75).
- Non-EU students who receive a confirmation letter from ULearn may not cancel their booking unless they have cancellation documentation from Irish immigration authorities. Non-EU students who obtain a confirmation letter are obliged to prove they have been refused entry to the country or else attend their course.
- In the event that a non-EU student coming to ULearn for a short course (1 – 12 weeks), and in need of a holiday visa, is refused permission to travel, the cancellation policy for 1 – 12 weeks will come into effect.
- Once a course has commenced no cancellations are allowed. This includes late arrival, early departure, or days missed during the course.
- ULearn discounts courses of certain durations. These courses may not be changed, altered or broken up if the student avails of the discount (except for visa-holding non-EU students who are entitled to holidays in line with ILEP regulations.
- Minimum 24 hours is required to cancel an individual (1-2-1) lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- All cancellation requests are counted from the time they are received in writing. Please bear in mind the office hours are Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:30.
- For students who have to apply for a non-EU visa prior to travelling, cancellations due to refusal of the application are subject to a €250 charge. INIS documentation is required for cancellations to be accepted.
- No refunds will be made after a student has started. Similarly, accommodation will not be refunded after students arrive (either in case of cancellation or change/shortening of stay). Any change will incur charges in full from the start date of the booking.
- Refunds may take up to 21 working days from receipt of cancellation notice and/or bank information.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be carried over year-to-year.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be transferred.
- For non-EU Students, no unscheduled breaks are permissible except in documented cases of illness or close family bereavement.
Group Terms & Conditions
Group Terms & Conditions
Minimum age for our junior school is 10years. Maximum is 18.
-Each class hour is 60 minutes.
-A Group is must consist of 5 studentsminimum.
-ULearn reserves the right at all times tocancel, change, or adapt class times, weeks and/or semester durations.
- ULearn reserves the right to alter, amend, exchange and revert both the times and locations of student courses where necessary.
3. Fees, Quotes and Invoices
-Quotations are for illustrative purposesonly. Quotations may be subject toalteration, amendment or correction ifnecessary.
-All quotations are deemed to beprovisional until confirmed by ULearn and a final invoice is issued.
-Payment amounts and terms of payment must be agreed in writing between ULearnand the Group before a booking is confirmed.
- Changes or alterations made subsequently may be considered but these will have no bearing on the terms of payment stipulated in these Terms & Conditions.
-Group Fees will not normally include:exam fees, health or travel insurance,
bank or other supplementary charges
4. Airport Transfers
-ULearn can arrange for Groups to be met at Dublin Airport and transferred to their accommodation via a central meeting point where their accommodation providers can meet the Group. -The transfer service is available between 06:00 – 20:00. -ULearn requests that Groups bear this in mind when making travel plans and booking flights.
5. ULearn Calendar
-ULearn will close on the following public holidays. Please refer and request ULearn’s current calendar for dates: -Christmas: ULearn closes for 2 to 3 weeks over the Christmas period. -Bank Holidays & Easter: St Patricks Day (March 17th), Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Bank Holiday, June Bank Holiday, August Bank Holiday, October Bank Holiday.
-ULearn generally organises Host Family accommodation for Junior Groups.-Prices are based on 7 night stay, generally beginning from Saturday or Sunday. -ULearn families are generally located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30 mins on public transport (either bus or tram). This may be longer at peak traffic times.
- Students with special dietary requirements may have to pay an extra supplement to the accomm provider.
Other Accommodation Types
-For adult Groups, other accommodationoptions are possible and may be organisedsubject to availability. Prices availableupon request.
-Groups are advised to take out privatemedical and travel insurance
-EU nationals should bring a EuropeanHealth Insurance Card which covers publicmedical care in emergency situations.
-Groups from Non-EU visa requiringcountries should contact their local Irishembassy or Consulate and visit theDepartment of Justice website (www.inis.ie) for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
-When a final invoice has been issued and agreed upon (see point 3 above), the Group must pay a non-refundable 30% deposit at least 6 weeks before theGroup’s arrival date.
-The remaining 70% balance payment must be made at least 4 weeks before theGroup’s arrival date.
-If the entire amount has not beenreceived within the specified time limit (4 weeks), ULearn reserves the right towithhold the deposit payment and cancelthe Group’s reservation
-All charges related to payments must bepaid by sender
-Payments can be made by FLYWIRE transfer by visiting the following URL: ulearnschool.flywire.com
10. Cancellation & Refunds
-All cancellations must be received inwriting. ULearn’s office hours are Mondayto Friday 08:30 – 17:30.
-For cancellations received less than 28days in advance of the Group’s arrivaldate, 50% refund of course fees will be given.
-For cancellations received between 0 - 7 days before the Group arrives, no refundwill be given.
-For cancellations received after theGroup’s arrival date, no refunds arepossible.
- No liability shall arise if ULearn is prevented or delayed in performing its obligations or from carrying on itsbusiness directly or indirectly by any acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, invasion, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, disorder, malicious damage, fire, flood, epidemic, quarantine restriction, pandemic or viral outbreaks, strikes, lock outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, compliance with any law or governmental law, rule,regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, unusually severe weather or default of suppliers or contractors.
-1 leader / organiser must accompany each group to an advised maximum of 15students.
-This individual is expected to carry outmonitoring, safe-guarding and organisingfunctions and liaise when necessary withULearn staff and management throughout the time the Group stays in Ireland.