ULearn English School Dublin - Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Minimum age for ULearn adult classes is 16 years.
Junior groups will be instructed as closed groups. Monitors/leaders are required to monitor children at all times outside class hours.
- Each lesson/class hour is 60 minutes.
- Where a scheduled class has fewer than 4 students, ULearn reserves the right to cancel, change, or adapt class times, weeks and/or semester durations.
- ULearn reserves the right to alter, amend, exchange and revert both the times and locations of student courses.
- Fees include: placement test, tuition, handouts, use of computers, and end of course certificate. Fees do not include: exam fees, lunch or other meals, health insurance, and bank charges. A €50 registration fee will apply to all courses.
4. Airport Transfers / Meets & Greets
- ULearn can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to your accommodation. This service costs €70 and is available from 08:00 to 23:00. Transfers outside these hours are subject to a €30 supplement.
- A ULearn representative will Meet & Greet students at our apartment accommodations. This service is provided from 10:00 – 22:00. Arrivals outside these hours may have to make alternate arrangements until the service is next available.
5. ULearn Calendar
No lessons take place on the following days: March 18, April 19, April 22, May 6, June 3, August 5, October 28, December 23 – January 3, 2020.
There is no reduction in fees when a course includes a public holiday and classes are not compensated for.
- A fee of €65 is charged on all accommodation bookings.
- A supplement of €30 per week will be required on all bookings with special dietary requirements (halal, gluten etc).
Host Family - Price based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday. Half-board.
- Located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30/40 mins (public transport). This may be longer at peak traffic times.
- Extra nights: €35 p.p.p.n. single or €30 p.p.p.n. sharing.
Self-Catering Apartment- Price based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday. Self-catering.
- Extra nights (p.p.p.n.): Premium €45; Superior €40; Standard €35; Shared €25.
Other Accommodation Types may be organised subject to request.
Christmas Holidays - it may be possible to stay in an accommodation over Christmas but supplements may be required. Availability and cost should be checked with the school before making a booking.
- ULearn generally organises Host Family accommodation for Junior Groups.-Prices are based on 7 night stay, generally beginning from Saturday or Sunday. -ULearn families are generally located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30 minutes on public transport (either bus or tram). This may be longer at peak traffic times.
- Students with special dietary requirements may have to pay an extra supplement to the accommodation provider.
Other Accommodation Types
- For adult Groups, other accommodation options are possible and may be organised subject to availability. Prices available upon request.
- ULearn reserves the right to change your accommodation and/or accommodation location as is required. This includes changes to the type of accommodation
- Upon receipt of payment in full for your reservation ULearn will make all reasonable efforts to secure accommodation but the customer accepts that this does not imply a guarantee of occupation. ULearn accepts no liability in the event of a overbooking or lack of availability at the time of arrival and reserves the right to refund all accommodation payments minus the registration fee
- Student Residents may be asked and must provide a working credit card to occupy certain types of accommodation
- Student Residents agree to abide by the Service Level Agreements put in place at the point of entry or any point during their stay and acknowledge that failure to adhere to the rules therein may result in surcharges, loss of deposit and loss of accommodation fees
- ULearn reserves the right to update, alter and change these General Terms and Conditions as well the contents and structure of any of our specific Service Level Agreements
- Students should have medical and/or travel insurance before travelling.
- EU nationals should bring a European Health Insurance Card.
- Non-EU nationals should contact their local Irish embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Justice website for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods
(a) FLYWIRE transfer;
(b) Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners, Laser);
(d) Eurocheque. A commission of between 1% - 3% fee may be charged on foreign (non-Irish) cheques. Students may not start courses / receive documents until cheques have cleared.
Important Payment Notes
- All payment charges must be paid by sender.
- Payment is due minimum 2 weeks before the start of the booking.
- Student name or number must be clearly identifiable.
- Short-term course bookings (1 - 12 weeks) may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to commencement of course with a €75 administrative penalty. Where accommodation has been booked the booking fee (€65) and 1 week of the chosen accommodation will be charged.
- For short-term cancellations received 1 to 7 days before the course begins, 50% of the full amount will be refunded (minimum cancellation fee is €75).
- Non-EU students who receive a confirmation letter from ULearn may not cancel their booking unless they have cancellation documentation from Irish immigration authorities. Non-EU students who obtain a confirmation letter are obliged to prove they have been refused entry to the country or else attend their course.
- In the event that a non-EU student coming to ULearn for a short course (1 – 12 weeks), and in need of a holiday visa, is refused permission to travel, the cancellation policy for 1 – 12 weeks will come into effect.
- Once a course has commenced no cancellations are allowed. This includes late arrival, early departure, or days missed during the course.
- ULearn discounts courses of certain durations. These courses may not be changed, altered or broken up if the student avails of the discount (except for visa-holding non-EU students who are entitled to holidays in line with ILEP regulations.
- Minimum 24 hours is required to cancel an individual (1-2-1) lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- All cancellation requests are counted from the time they are received in writing. Please bear in mind the office hours are Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:30.
- For students who have to apply for a non-EU visa prior to travelling, cancellations due to refusal of the application are subject to a €250 charge. INIS documentation is required for cancellations to be accepted.
- No refunds will be made after a student has started. Similarly, accommodation will not be refunded after students arrive (either in case of cancellation or change/shortening of stay). Any change will incur charges in full from the start date of the booking.
- Refunds may take up to 21 working days from receipt of cancellation notice and/or bank information.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be carried over year-to-year.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be transferred.
- For non-EU Students, no unscheduled breaks are permissible except in documented cases of illness or close family bereavement.
- No liability shall arise if ULearn is prevented or delayed in performing its obligations or from carrying on its business directly or indirectly by any acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, invasion, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, disorder, malicious damage, fire, flood, epidemic, quarantine restriction, pandemic or viral outbreaks, strikes, lock outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, compliance with any law or governmental law, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, unusually severe weather or default or failure of any kind from suppliers, contractors or third parties of any type. While ULearn endeavors to supply its customers with the services requested they are at all times subject to availability. In the event that ULearn Limited cannot fulfill or chooses not to fulfill any of the provisions paid for by its clients / customers including but not limited to courses, accommodation, transfers, excursions or events of any type, or any ancillary service or product it retains the right to refund the fees paid in lieu of such provision. Should only a portion of service be provided ULearn retains the right to refund the appropriate portion of the unfulfilled service to the client or customer without further liability.