ULearn English School Terms & Conditions
- Minimum age for ULearn adult classes is 16 years.
- Junior groups will be instructed as closed groups. Monitors/leaders are required to monitor children at all times outside class hours.
- Each class hour is 60 minutes.
- Where a scheduled class has fewer than 4 students, ULearn reserves the right to cancel, change, or adapt class times, weeks and/or semester durations.
- ULearn reserves the right to alter, amend, exchange and revert both the times and locations of student courses where necessary.
- Fees include: placement test, tuition,handouts, use of computers, and end of course certificate. Fees do not include:exam fees, lunch or other meals, healthinsurance, and bank charges. A €50 registration fee will apply to all courses.
4. Airport Transfers / Meets & Greets
- ULearn can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to youraccommodation. This service costs €70 and is available 08:00 – 23:00. Transfers outside these hours are subject to a €30 supplement.
- A ULearn representative will Meet & Greet students at our apartment accommodations. This service is provided from 10:00 – 22:00. Arrivals outside these hours may have to make alternate arrangements until the service is next available.
5. ULearn Calendar
- No lessons take place on the following days: January 1 – January 5, March 19, March 30, April 2, May 7, June 4, August 6, October 29, December 24 – January 4, 2019
- There is no reduction in fees when a course includes a public holiday and classes are not compensated for.
- A booking fee of €65 is charged on all accommodation bookings.
- Students with special dietary requirements may have to pay an extra supplement to the provider.
- Price based on 7 night stay from Saturday or Sunday.
- Located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30/40 mins (public transport). This may be longer at peak traffic times.- Half board. Breakfast and dinner meals.- Extra nights cost €35 p.p.p.n. individual or €30 p.p.p.n. sharing.
- Based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday.- Self-catering: no meals included -Extra nights (p.p.p.n.) cost as follows: Premium- €45; Superior- €40; Standard-€35 or Shared - €25
- Other Accommodation Types may be organised subject to request.
- Christmas Holidays - it may be possible to stay in one of our accommodations over Christmas but a supplement payment may be required. Availability and cost must be checked with ULearn first
- All students are advised to take out private medical and/or travel insurance prior to travelling
- All EU nationals should bring a European Health Insurance Card which covers public medical care.
- Non-EU nationals should contact their local Irish embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Justice website (www.justice.ie) for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods
(a) FLYWIRE transfer by visiting the following URL: ulearnschool.flywire.com
(b) Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Visa Electron,Visa Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners, Laser).
(d) Eurocheque. A commission of between 1% - 3% fee may be charged on foreign (non-Irish) cheques. Students may not start courses / receive documents until cheques have cleared.
Important Payment Notes
- All charges related to payments must be paid by sender
- Payment is due minimum two weeksbefore the start of the booked course
- Student name or Reference Number must be clearly identifiable
- Short-term course bookings (1 - 12 weeks) may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to commencement of course with a €75 administrative penalty. Where accommodation has been booked the booking fee (€65) and 1 week of the chosen accommodation will be charged.
- For short-term cancellations received 1 to 7 days before the course begins, 50% of the full amount will be refunded (minimum cancellation fee is €75).
- Non-EU students who receive a confirmation letter from ULearn may not cancel their booking unless they have cancellation documentation from Irish immigration authorities. Non-EU students who obtain a confirmation letter are obliged to prove they have been refused entry to the country or else attend their course.
- In the event that a non-EU student coming to ULearn for a short course (1 – 12 weeks), and in need of a holiday visa, is refused permission to travel, the cancellation policy for 1 – 12 weeks will come into effect.
- Once a course has commenced no cancellations are allowed. This includes late arrival, early departure, or days missed during the course.
- ULearn discounts courses of certain durations. These courses may not be changed, altered or broken up if the student avails of the discount (except for visa-holding non-EU students who are entitled to holidays in line with ILEP regulations.
- Minimum 24 hours is required to cancel an individual (1-2-1) lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- All cancellation requests are counted from the time they are received in writing. Please bear in mind the office hours are Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:30.
- Non-EU students may not cancel a course once they have received a ULearn confirmation letter.
- For students who have to apply for a non-EU visa prior to travelling, cancellations due to refusal of the application are subject to a €250 charge. INIS documentation is required for cancellations to be accepted.
- No refunds will be made after a student has started. Similarly, accommodation will not be refunded after students arrive (either in case of cancellation or change/shortening of stay). Any change will incur charges in full from the start date of the booking.
- Refunds may take up to 21 working days from receipt of cancellation notice and/or bank information.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be carried over year-to-year.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be transferred.
- For non-EU Students, no unscheduled breaks are permissible except in documented cases of illness or close family bereavement.
ULearn reserves the right to alter or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time in accordance with business needs. This does not affect your statutory rights.
B) Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ULearn Limited's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ULearn Limited's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ULearn Limited at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on ULearn Limited's web site are provided "as is". ULearn Limited makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ULearn Limited does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall ULearn Limited or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ULearn Limited's Internet site, even if ULearn Limited or a ULearn Limited authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on ULearn Limited's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ULearn Limited does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. ULearn Limited may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. ULearn Limited does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ULearn Limited has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ULearn Limited of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to ULearn Limited's web site shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.