ULearn English School Dublin - Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Minimum age for our ULearn is 16 years
- Each class hour is 60 minutes.
- Where a scheduled class has fewer than 4 students, ULearn reserves the right to cancel, change, or adapt class times, weeks and/or semester durations.
- ULearn reserves the right to alter, amend, exchange and revert both the times and locations of student courses where necessary.
- Fees include: placement test, tuition, handouts, use of computers, and end of course certificate. Fees do not include: exam fees, lunch or other meals, health insurance, and bank charges. A €50 registration fee will apply to all courses.
4. Airport Transfers / Meets & Greets
- ULearn can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to your accommodation. This service costs €70 and is available 08:00 – 23:00. Transfers outside these hours are subject to a €30 supplement.
- A ULearn representative will Meet & Greet students at our apartment accommodations. This service is provided from 10:00 – 22:00. Arrivals outside these hours may have to make alternate arrangements until the service is next available.
5. ULearn Calendar
The school will be closed on the following public holidays:
- St Patricks Day (March 17)
- Good Friday (April 14)
- Easter Monday (April 17)
- May Bank Holiday (May 1)
- June Bank Holiday (June 5)
- August Bank Holiday (August 7)
- October Bank Holiday (October 30)
- Christmas Holidays 2017, after classes on Friday 22 December 2017 until Monday January 8 2018
No lessons take place on the above days. There is no reduction in fees when a course includes a public holiday and classes are not compensated for.
- A booking fee of €65 is charged on all accommodation bookings.
- Students with special dietary requirements may have to pay an extra supplement to the provider.
Host Family - Price based on 7 night stay from Saturday or Sunday.
- Located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30/40 mins (public transport). This may be longer at peak traffic times.
- Half board Monday - Friday. Weekend options are full board or breakfast only
- Extra nights cost €35 p.p.p.n. individual or €30 p.p.p.n. sharing.
Self-Catering Apartment- Based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday.
- Self-catering: no meals included
- Extra nights (p.p.p.n.) cost as follows: Premium- €45; Superior- €40; Standard- €35 or Shared - €25
Other Accommodation Types may be organised subject to request.
Christmas Holidays - it may be possible to stay in one of our accommodations over Christmas but a supplement payment may be required. Availability and cost must be checked with ULearn first
- All students are advised to take out private medical and travel insurance prior to travelling
- All EU nationals should bring a European Health Insurance Card which covers public medical care.
- Non-EU nationals should contact their local Irish embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Justice website (www.justice.ie) for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods
(a) FLYWIRE transfer by visiting the following URL: ulearnschool.flywire.com
(b) Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners, Laser).
(d) Eurocheque. A commission of between 1% - 3% fee may be charged on foreign (non-Irish) cheques. Students may not start courses / receive documents until cheques have cleared.
Important Payment Notes
- All charges related to payments must be paid by sender
- Payment is due minimum two weeks before the start of the booked course
- Student name or Reference Number must be clearly identifiable
- Bookings may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to commencement of course with a €75 administrative penalty. Where accommodation has been booked the booking fee (€65) and 1 week of the chosen accommodation will be charged.
- For cancellations received 1 to 7 days before the course begins, 50% of the full amount will be refunded (minimum cancellation fee is €75).
- ULearn discounts (long-term) courses of more than 4 weeks. These courses may not be changed, altered or broken up for any reason with the exception of non-EU students in Ireland on a Student Visa (who are entitled to 8 week holidays in line with ILEP regulations)
- There is no refund for any cancellation once the course has commenced. This includes late arrival, early departure, or days missed during the course.
- At least 24 hours is required to cancel an individual (1-2-1) lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- All cancellations requests are counted from the time they are received in writing by ULearn English School office. Please bear in mind the office hours are Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:30.
- For cancellations due to visa refusal, a cancellation fee of €250 applies. Original visa refusal documentation will be required for refunds to be processed.
- No refunds will be made after a course has started.
- Refunds may take up to 21 days from receipt of bank information and cancellation request.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be carried over year-to-year.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be transferred.
- For non-EU Students, no unscheduled breaks are permissible except in documented cases of illness or close family bereavement.
- Non-EU student holidays and breaks must comply with INIS requirements.