ULearn English School Dublin - Terms & Conditions
ULearn English School Terms & Conditions
Section A) - Provision of Services
Minimum age for our adult school is 16 years
Each class hour is 60 minutes.
Fees include: placement test, tuition, handouts, use of computers, beverages, and end of course certificate. Fees do not include: exam fees, lunch or other meals, health insurance, and bank / paypal charges.
A registration fee of €50 will be charged on all courses. Students must only pay this fee once.
4. Airport Transfers
ULearn can arrange for you to be met at Dublin Airport and taken by car to your accommodation. The cost of this service is €70. The transfer service is available between 08:00 – 23:00 and is available on
arrival only. It may be possible to arrange a transfer outside these hours, in which case a supplement of €30 is payable.
5. ULearn Calendar
ULearn will close on the following public holidays:
Christmas Holidays 2012: ULearn will close for 2 weeks from December 21st 2011 until January 7th 2012
St Patricks Day – Monday, March 18th
Good Friday – Friday, March 29th
Easter Monday – Monday, April 1st
May Bank Holiday – Monday, May 6th
June Bank Holiday – Monday, June 3rd
August Bank Holiday – Monday, August 5th
October Bank Holiday – Monday, October 28th
Christmas Holidays 2013: ULearn will close for 2 weeks from December 20th 2013 until January 6th 2014
Please note that no lessons will take place on the above days There is no reduction in fees when a course includes a public holiday and classes are not compensated for.
A booking fee of €65 will be charged on all accommodation bookings. Host Family Price based on 7 night stay beginning from Saturday or Sunday Options include half board Monday Friday and full board at weekends or breakfast only located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 45 minutes on public transport (either bus or tram) to the school though this may be longer at peak traffic times.
Self-Catering Apartment based on 7 nights, beginning from Saturday or Sunday.
Selfcatering: no meals included
Hostel: Based on 7 nights, beginning from any day Continental breakfast included. No lunch or dinner meals.
Accommodation during Christmas holidays:
It may be possible for you to stay in a host family during the Christmas period at no extra cost but availability must be checked with ULearn first. It is possible to stay in both Apartment and Hostel accommodations during Christmas holidays at no extra cost.
All students are advised to take out private medical and travel insurance. All EU nationals should bring a European Health Insurance Card which covers public medical care.
NonEU nationals should contact their local Irish embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Justice website (www.justice.ie) for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
9. ULearn Payment Information
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods
(a) FLYWIRE transfer is the preferred method of payment as no fees are required by the sender or recipient. Payment can be made by visiting the following URL: www.ulearnschool.flywire.com
(b) Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners, Laser).
(d) Eurocheque. A commission of between 1% - 3% fee may be charged on foreign (non-Irish) cheques. Students may not start courses / receive documents until cheques have cleared.
Important Payment Notes
(e) Bank transfer to the following account:
Bank: Bank of Ireland,
Account Name: ULearn Limited
Account Number: 90814728
Sort Code: 900172
SWIFT/BIC Address: BOFIIE2D
IBAN: IE50 BOFI 9001 7290 8147 28
- All charges related to payments must be paid by sender
- Payment is due minimum two weeks before the start of the booked course
- Student name or Reference Number must be clearly identifiable
*(PLEASE CONTACT ULEARN TO OBTAIN YOUR UNIQUE STUDENT REFERENCE)*
Please contact us to tell us you have made payment and to confirm the exact amount.
When we have received and identified your payment, we will email you.
Important Payment Notes:
Full payment of fees is due 2 weeks prior to the starting date. Payment can be made by any of the following ways a. c. Credit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Pay,
Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners,
Bank / Paypal charges are not included in the fees and must be paid by the sender Payment
is due two weeks before the start of the booked course Please always state student name on the
- Bookings may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to commencement of course with a €75 administration penalty. Where accommodation has been booked an additional €95 penalty applies.
- For cancellations 1 to 7 days before the course begins, 50% of the full amount will be refunded (minimum cancellation fee is €75).
- There is NO refund for any cancellation once the course has commenced. This includes late arrival, early departure, or days missed during the course.
- At least 48 hours is required to cancel or reschedule an individual lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- A fee of €200 applies to cancellations due to visa refusal (visa refusal documentation required for refunds).
- All accommodation cancellations after arrival are non-refundable. The same applies if you have to shorten your stay – payment is non-refundable. No shows, failure to arrive or postponement incurs charges in full from the booking date.
If a visa application is refused by the Department of Justice, a €250 charge will apply. Refunds will be processed upon receipt of the official visa refusal letter.
All cancellations must be sent in writing – either by email or post – to ULearn.
No refunds will be made after a course has started. In the case of illness, students may ask for a course to be postponed to a later date. In this case, the school will require a medical certificate. Courses and accommodation bookings may not be carried over year to year.
Section B) - ULearn & Host Family Agreement Terms & Conditions
ULearn’s Host Family [henceforth “Hosts”] network plays a huge role in our business. The warmth, hospitality, and care which Students receive has a huge impact on both their learning experience and their impression of Ireland. Students should be made to feel as part of the Host and not merely as a person paying to stay.
The reason most Students stay with a Host is to improve their language through interaction with Host members who are also native English speakers. It is vital that Hosts engage with Students in their home.
Whether you are a new Host or a Host who has worked with us in the past, we request you to please read the following agreement document carefully. It outlines requirements, procedures, norms and communication methods between families, Students and ULearn. Changes may be made to this document periodicall and without notice. Please visit www.ulearnschool.com/terms-and-conditions (Section B) for up-to-date copy of these conditions.
- All Host Families must be Garda Vetted. Please contact us for more details on this process
- According to the Department of Education guidelines, three (3) Students is the maximum which may be accommodated by any one Host at any one time.
- There should only be one Student of any particular language at any one time unless otherwise requested and / or agreed to by ULearn.
- Students require single bedrooms unless otherwise specified.
- Students want an individual bedroom with bed linen and towels changed regularly.
- Students should have space to store clothes and belongings.
- There should be an area in the bedroom (or elsewhere in the home) where Students can study. There should be a table, chair and lamp
- Students should be able to freely access bathroom facilities daily. Students’ laundry should be included in the weekly wash. In cases where this is not possible (or if the Student prefers to wash their own clothes), facilities should be made available and instruction in the workings of the equipment given.
When a Student makes a booking with ULearn, the Host will be contacted by phone, email and / or letter to confirm the Students’ details, dates of the stay, arrival information and contact information (if that has been provided to us). In case of changes, ULearn will contact the Host . Payment will only be made for the dates stated by the school. ULearn may request the Host to collect a Student from a central meeting point. Most especially in the case of large groups this is taken to be an accepted part of the service.
Meals & Interactions
Hosts should share meals with the Students every day. We request Hosts to provide breakfast and dinner meals for adult Students and we would request that Students are integrated into the family at those times. We would not expect Students to eat alone or only with other Students. On weekends, all meals should be eaten together unless Students have plans to go out and see Dublin.
If it is not possible for a meal to be eaten together, we would expect Hosts to provide other forms of interaction such as sitting for a tea or coffee together. Even the simplest of interactions and conversations can make a world of difference – especially to Students who have little or no English and may be lacking confidence in the language. Hosts could talk about the Student’s progress, what they have been learning, what they would like to do in Dublin or what amenities exist in your local area which might make their stay more enjoyable. Hosts can keep up with ULearn events via our facebook page (ULearn English School Dublin) or our blog (www.ulearnschool.com/blog).
There may be occasions when Students or their Agents request a packed lunch. Where these are to be provided, ULearn will communicate this to the Host prior to the Student’s arrival. The lunch should be balanced and contain things like a sandwich/roll, fruit/yogurt, sweet/drink.
We kindly request Hosts do their utmost to cancel bookings in extreme circumstances only. Last minute cancellations can be distressing for Students, some of whom travel extremely long distances to get here. It may be also impossible to inform Students of changes due to long travel times. Moreover, it may be impossible for ULearn to find an alternate Host if a cancellation occurs late in the day. Students occasionally cancel their course and their travel plans. In these cases, ULearn will try to find an alternate Student for the Host as soon as possible. Payment is not made to Hosts for bookings cancelled by Students / partners.
Payment Conditions & Agreement
ULearn pays Hosts by bank transfer only. It is the Host’s responsibility to provide ULearn with correct bank information (IBAN, BIC/Swift code, account number, sort code (NSC) bank name & address).
ULearn will endeavour to pay Hosts during the week following the Student’s departure but always within 21 working days of the end of a Student’s stay. ULearn does not make weekly payment and is under no obligation to pay hosts at intervals shorter than the Student’s stay however in the event of longer stays, a payment schedule may be drawn up between the Host and school to assist Hosts in the ongoing costs incurred in hosting the Student.
Our payments system is based on per night basis. Hosts will be paid for the number of nights a Student stays with them. Students pay ULearn to organise and stay in accommodation and the school will then pay the accommodation provider.
Neither the Student nor Host should make changes to this arrangement without prior agreement of ULearn. Should a Student or Host arrange an extension, contraction or any other correction or change to the stay without the clear and express written confirmation of the school ULearn is not under any obligation to pay for such a stay. It is the Host’s responsibility to ensure written confirmation exists and has been sent by or receipt confirmed by ULearn. Should either of these written confirmations (that of the student or that of the Host) not take place or receipt be confirmed the Host risks not being paid for the Student’s stay. All arrangements for hosting must be made through the school. To avoid confusion please direct your Student to the Reception / Accommodation Officer in ULearn and we will arrange everything from there.
ULearn will not be held responsible for the insurance, replacement or partial replacement, recommission or renewal of any breakages or loss that the Host may incur or claim before, during or after a Student’s stay. While ULearn will endeavor to inform our Hosts of any major alterations to the Terms of Agreement the Company also reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without prior consent of the Hosts or any other third party.
The Host is often the first person the Student will meet in an unfamiliar place with a foreign language so it is vital that they are greeted warmly and welcomed in a suitable manner.
When the Student has arrived in your home and you have gone through the pleasantries and introductions, the Host should explain house rules to the Student. They should know about things like meal times, Host routines, location of things in the home. Examples of these types of house rules might include requesting the Host ’s permission about inviting guest(s) or (non-)smoking rules.
The Host should provide the Student with a key to the home and explain how to enter and exit the property securely (e.g. how to activate the alarm, ensure pets are taken care of etc). The Host should explain how to make a reverse charge call or how to use a call-card if the Student wants to contact loved ones and let them know they have arrived safely. If the Student is part of a group, it is the Host’s responsibility to inform them of the location of central meetings points or bus stops where they will congregate or travel to / from.
The principal reason for the Student coming to Dublin is to learn or improve their English. The majority of Students take classes in the Morning which begin at 09:00. A small number may take Afternoon classes which begin at 13:45. Students should try to arrive at ULearn at least 20 – 30 minutes before their class start time on the first day. They will complete their testing and will be introduced to the school, the Academic Director, and their new classmates.
Ideally the Host could accompany the Student to the school on their first day. If this is not possible, the Host should try to show them the route the day before.
When groups visit Dublin, they often have their own schedule of activities each day after class. When this occurs, we will circulate the timetable around all Hosts in advance of their arrival. Students will also receive a copy which Hosts could request to see if needed.
Feedback / Breakages
Our Students regularly participate in feedback sessions inside and outside the class with different members of staff. This feedback is passed on to our Agents & Partners (where they have been involved in sending the Student).
When Students stay with good families, both partners and Students often request to stay there again and again. In cases where Students provide negative feedback or comments, ULearn will normally be requested to not use those Hosts again. Good service and good feedback leads to increased student numbers for ULearn and in turn the Hosts that provide that service. ULearn views its Hosts as a valued part of our team.
If problems arise between Students and the Host, we request that contact be made with the school sooner rather than later. Issues can normally be resolved quickly if it is raised promptly. Failing to communicate things to ULearn can lead to things getting worse and Students feeling unhappy.As mentioned above, the Students are new to Dublin so your assistance and co-operation is vital for things to proceed smoothly.
C) Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ULearn Limited's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ULearn Limited's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ULearn Limited at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on ULearn Limited's web site are provided "as is". ULearn Limited makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ULearn Limited does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall ULearn Limited or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ULearn Limited's Internet site, even if ULearn Limited or a ULearn Limited authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on ULearn Limited's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ULearn Limited does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. ULearn Limited may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. ULearn Limited does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ULearn Limited has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ULearn Limited of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to ULearn Limited's web site shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.