ULearn English School Dublin - Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Minimum age for ULearn adult classes is 16 years.
Junior groups will be instructed as closed groups. Monitors/leaders are required to monitor children at all times outside class hours.
- Each lesson/class hour is 60 minutes.
- Where a scheduled class has fewer than 4 students, ULearn reserves the right to cancel, change, or adapt class times, weeks and/or semester durations.
- ULearn reserves the right to alter, amend, exchange and revert both the times and locations of student courses.
- Fees include: placement test, tuition, handouts, use of computers, and end of course certificate. Fees do not include: exam fees, lunch or other meals, health insurance, and bank charges. A €50 registration fee will apply to all courses.
4. Airport Transfers / Meets & Greets
- ULearn can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to your accommodation. This service costs €70 and is available from 08:00 to 23:00. Transfers outside these hours are subject to a €30 supplement.
- A ULearn representative will Meet & Greet students at our apartment accommodations. This service is provided from 10:00 – 22:00. Arrivals outside these hours may have to make alternate arrangements until the service is next available.
5. ULearn Calendar
No lessons take place on the following days: March 18, April 19, April 22, May 6, June 3, August 5, October 28, December 23 – January 3, 2020.
There is no reduction in fees when a course includes a public holiday and classes are not compensated for.
- A fee of €65 is charged on all accommodation bookings.
- A supplement of €30 per week will be required on all bookings with special dietary requirements (halal, gluten etc).
Host Family - Price based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday. Half-board.
- Located in Dublin suburbs. Average travel time of 30/40 mins (public transport). This may be longer at peak traffic times.
- Extra nights: €35 p.p.p.n. single or €30 p.p.p.n. sharing.
Self-Catering Apartment- Price based on 7 nights from Saturday or Sunday. Self-catering.
- Extra nights (p.p.p.n.): Premium €45; Superior €40; Standard €35; Shared €25.
Other Accommodation Types may be organised subject to request.
Christmas Holidays - it may be possible to stay in an accommodation over Christmas but supplements may be required. Availability and cost should be checked with the school before making a booking.
- Students should have medical and/or travel insurance before travelling.
- EU nationals should bring a European Health Insurance Card.
- Non-EU nationals should contact their local Irish embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Justice website for details of visa requirements. ULearn offers an efficient visa support service.
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods
(a) FLYWIRE transfer;
(b) Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, Discover, Diners, Laser);
(d) Eurocheque. A commission of between 1% - 3% fee may be charged on foreign (non-Irish) cheques. Students may not start courses / receive documents until cheques have cleared.
Important Payment Notes
- All payment charges must be paid by sender.
- Payment is due minimum 2 weeks before the start of the booking.
- Student name or number must be clearly identifiable.
- Short-term course bookings (1 - 12 weeks) may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to commencement of course with a €75 administrative penalty. Where accommodation has been booked the booking fee (€65) and 1 week of the chosen accommodation will be charged.
- For short-term cancellations received 1 to 7 days before the course begins, 50% of the full amount will be refunded (minimum cancellation fee is €75).
- Non-EU students who receive a confirmation letter from ULearn may not cancel their booking unless they have cancellation documentation from Irish immigration authorities. Non-EU students who obtain a confirmation letter are obliged to prove they have been refused entry to the country or else attend their course.
- In the event that a non-EU student coming to ULearn for a short course (1 – 12 weeks), and in need of a holiday visa, is refused permission to travel, the cancellation policy for 1 – 12 weeks will come into effect.
- Once a course has commenced no cancellations are allowed. This includes late arrival, early departure, or days missed during the course.
- ULearn discounts courses of certain durations. These courses may not be changed, altered or broken up if the student avails of the discount (except for visa-holding non-EU students who are entitled to holidays in line with ILEP regulations.
- Minimum 24 hours is required to cancel an individual (1-2-1) lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- All cancellation requests are counted from the time they are received in writing. Please bear in mind the office hours are Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:30.
- For students who have to apply for a non-EU visa prior to travelling, cancellations due to refusal of the application are subject to a €250 charge. INIS documentation is required for cancellations to be accepted.
- No refunds will be made after a student has started. Similarly, accommodation will not be refunded after students arrive (either in case of cancellation or change/shortening of stay). Any change will incur charges in full from the start date of the booking.
- Refunds may take up to 21 working days from receipt of cancellation notice and/or bank information.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be carried over year-to-year.
- Course and accommodation bookings may not be transferred.
- For non-EU Students, no unscheduled breaks are permissible except in documented cases of illness or close family bereavement.