Why you need to do an FCE or CAE

ULearn FCE & CAE 12 Week Evening Courses Tuesday & Thursday: 7 - 9pm FCE: €389 CAE: €346 ulearnschool.com http://ift.tt/1oTUfPU http://youtube.com/user/ULearnDublin http://ift.tt/1rJ0btv

Many English language students reach a point in their learning where the motivation to sit in a classroom begins to wane and a desire to use English in a more practical real-world manner becomes stronger. Students consider finding jobs in Ireland or abroad, or they start thinking about further study; doing a Masters programme in their field etc.

However, when students try to do this here in Ireland, or back in their country, they are often surprised to be faced with the question: What English language qualification do you have?

Many companies abroad require a Cambridge First Certificate before they even consider applicants for available roles. And universities certainly have entry requirements that include an internationally recognised English language certificate (IELTS being the most popular, followed by the CAE). So, perhaps it’s time to ask yourself; What English language qualification do I want?

As part of the Cambridge ESOL suite we at ULearn English School Dublin offer part-time courses in both FCE and CAE. Here is some information about the exams:

FCE – First Certificate Examination
This exam is an upper intermediate exam and is equivalent to level B2 of the CEFR.
The FCE contains 5 parts, including 1 speaking section. There are four written papers in this exam:
1. Reading
2. Writing
3. Listening
4. Use of English / Grammar

It is recognized by many companies worldwide as an indication of English ability. It is also accepted by many colleges and schools around the world for study purposes. Note, universities generally require a higher level certificate.

CAE – Certificate in Advanced English
The CAE is an advanced level examination which is recognized by more than 11,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments around the world.
It is also approved by the Australian government for student visas, and by the UK Border Agency towards tier 4 student visas.
The exam itself covers:
1. Reading
2. Writing
3. Listening
4. Use of English / Grammar
5. Speaking

It is very difficult to pass this exam without specific preparation for it, so a course of study in ULearn is highly recommended.

So, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out your dream job. Don’t fall short on your university application. Contact us about our Cambridge FCE or CAE courses, and start investing in your future today!

3531 4571 222



Join in